Well, it happened. I have finally taken the plunge and had my DNA tested. I was very fortunate that my mother and brother also agreed to have their DNA tested, so that should be a big help.
At this stage, I am in the waiting phase. It is three weeks since they received the samples. Apparently the whole process takes 6 – 8 weeks, so I still have some waiting ahead of me.
For now, I thought I would identify what I hope to find/solve with the DNA:
- Pop Richard’s true identity
- Solve some mysteries in the Elliott side of the tree
- Find out more about my ancestor, Robert Young’s family…was he connected to the Hamilton family?
- Take family lines back more generations
- Determine if the Corcoran family I located in Victoria are connected to my Corcoran family
- See if I can find any family on the Tierney line
- See what else the results turn up
In the meantime, I just have to be very patient…it could be a long 3 – 5 weeks. Wish me luck 🙂